This year, AAJA is hosting its first ever lightning talks in D.C.!
Note: because we are trying to cram 7 talks into one hour, please arrive on time for this session! We need to start on time in order to get through everyone’s talks — and we will get through everyone’s talks! Here’s the lineup:
- Shaminder Dulai: The one secret to getting to work on the stuff you care about.
- Richard Lui: Social media for social good: How does a social media campaign that aims to do some good in the world become successful?
- Frank Bi: How will new inventions and innovations like drones, sensors and robots impact future newsgathering and the way we do our jobs?
- Sharon Chan: What you need to know about dating/marrying another journalist
- Emma Carew Grovum: Everybody needs to eat: how to hack your desk/workspace in order to feed yourself on deadline
- Marian Liu: 5 things about 5 things: print to online writing, print to audio producing, print to broadcast producing, working with students and working with veterans
- Kim Bui: #Realtalk about what getting laid off thrice teaches you.